The road to becoming suave and attractive is taken one step at a time. The easiest step to take on that road is dressing well and grooming.
Yet, when I walk down the street, it is downright appalling the number of men I see that are poorly dressed and poorly groomed.
- FIT IS KING (baggy isn’t the style to get female attention). Go to a hole in the wall tailor and you can get your clothes fitted cheap.
See a more comprehensive guide to fit here: Fit Guide
- Get good looking shoes that match the outfit. I recommend at least one pair of casual, brown leather shoes that can be worn with most outfits. Women consistently notice shoes more than any other part of your outfit.
- Have some attention grabbing or “pea-cocking” items: A watches, jewelry, french cuffs, phone case, etc. I’m a little more eccentric than most, but my conversations starters are: colorful watchband, unique iPhone case, unique wallet, and arm brace (though I’m actually injured).
- Note: DO NOT DRESS FLASHY FOR ITS OWN SAKE. If you are not normally dressed as a biker or steam punk, do not do it just to talk to girls. If your style isn’t congruent to you, this will be transparent to a woman. This is doubly true during the day. All of the items I have are personal and have a story behind them; I wear them because they’re congruent with my personality. If you’re going to wear something out of the ordinary, a girl will almost certainly point it out. Make sure you have something to say about your attention grabbing items!
- Try v-necks and button downs instead of printed tees.
- To avoid: Printed tees, white socks, and running shoes (when not working out).
- I can’t tell you the number of times I have heard women accost men wearing athletic gear when inappropriate.
A more in-depth style guide can be found here: Restart Your Style 20 Rules
- KEEP YOUR FINGER NAILS CLEAN: This is a giant no-no, especially if you want to sleep with a girl. Dirty fingernails=potential urinary tract infection for the girl. I have been personally chewed out by a girl for having dirty finger nails. Unless you play guitar, just keep them short and clean. Don’t argue with me!
- Smell Nice: Smell is directly linked to memory (source) so it is important to wear a regular smell. Having a regular, pleasant smell creates an unbroken narrative in a girl’s head every time she sees you. One of my favorite guides to cologne: Reddit’s Guide To Cologne
- Wear five o’clock shadow: If it looks good on you, keep a bit of stubble. There was a study done that showed that the most attractive facial hair to women is Stubble>Clean Shaven>Beard (source). Of course, if your hair is patchy, just keep nice and clean.
- Have a good haircut: Don’t just have your hair grow as nature intended. Use it as a chance to show off how much of a slick chap you are. Confused about what haircut would suit you best? Check out this guide. If you are balding, shave your head or wear a hat!
- Have good breath: Gum or mints are part of the essential checklist before going out (Note: most of these still apply to meeting women in the day).
- Get rid of nose, ear, shoulder and back hair. Trim your pubes. Some useful links to help deal with these issues: 1,2,3 (Go ahead and click, there’s no judgement here.)
Now go out there and get dapper!Love,